Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ok, so here's what happened yesterday...

Julia showed me around Bleecker street. I got to see this place called "Sockerbit"
(a swedish candy store) but it was closed when we got there. We went into this awesome tea shop (can't remember what it was called right now) that had like a million different teas. I bought cherry coke flavoued tea and Julia bought an awesome tea infuser / thermos (that later out turned out to be for me... AWWW!!! <3 )
When we got back to her place, Julia showed me the film "Clue" (based on the board game). I friggin' LOVED it. It was just up my alley!

I stayed over at Julia's (her apartment is really nice) and decided to go to the Met while she was at work.
That museum is HUGE!!!
I started off with the punk excibit. That consisted mostly of punk clothing from the 60s, which is cool but not quite up my alley. Also, I wasn't allowed to take pictures in there. Then I looked up this enormous temple in the egyptian excibit that Julia told me about.
I was amazed! After that I just walked aimlessly through the different sections. Ran into some Picassos and Matisses. You know; the basics ^_^

I mean, that museum alone could last me for the entire trip; I could just go back there every day and find something new.

After the museum I went back to Bleecker street and went into the swedish store and talked to the norweigian guy working there. They had cloudberry jam, which surprised me. It's expensive and can be hard to come by. But it was 13 dollars, which makes sense.


It started raining, so while I was waiting for Julia to finish work, I bought an iced tea at this coffee shop that had free WiFi. I uploaded a few pics to my instagram account and then just wandered the streets, looking at stuff.

I then went to Mimi's (she's sometimes referred to as Mimi on the hoops on the Chris Gethard Show). She is so nice and her apartment feels very organic; it has a great "flow"). I was sort of tuckered out from all the museum hopping, but still decided to come with her to Harold night at UCB (where I saw Asssscat the other day). That was a lot of fun. I mean, I can admit to liking improv without being a diehard fan, y'know? :-)

So now, it's 8.30 in the morning. Mimi is still asleep. Her cat is keeping me company while I am writing this.
Later on, I'm going to the Chris Gethard Show. That's gonna be so much fun. I mean I wouldn't be here in New York if it weren't for that show.

My next host is Rob Spenser.
All right. I'm signing off.
Buhbye!